Cooling, smooth and refreshing peach sorbet.
2 1/2 pounds ripe peaches
1 cup granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon peach liqueur (see note)
- Peel, pit and coarsely chop the peaches.
- Place peaches, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- With the machine running, pour water, lemon juice and peach liqueur through the feeding tube and process for 1 minute or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Refrigerate peach mixture until well chilled, about 1 hour.
- Pour the chilled peach mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer the sorbet to an freezer-safe container and press a sheet of plastic wrap against the surface. Cover and freeze the sorbet until firm. about 3 to 4 hours.
Makes about 3 cups.
Note: The alcohol will help keep the sorbet smooth and ice-free.