Top this wholesome fruit dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup sugar - divided use
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
12 Washington peaches, peeled and sliced
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Melt butter in 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well. Add milk and stir only until moistened. Pour over melted butter.
- Top batter with sliced peaches.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and nutmeg; mix well and sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°F) 30 to 40 minutes or until cake browns and peaches are cooked.
Makes 12 servings
Recipe provided courtesy of Washington State Fruit Commission.