Peach Melba Tarts
Peach and raspberry tarts with oat-pastry crusts glazed with melted peach preserves.
1 cup quick or old fashioned oats
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon almond extract or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups peeled, sliced peaches
1/2 cup peach or apricot preserves
1/2 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease or spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine oats and flour; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar and almond extract with electric mixer until fluffy; add oat/flour mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Press each piece into 3-inch circles on cookie sheet, shaping edges to form 1/4-inch rim.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- Arrange peaches on top of cooled crusts.
- In small saucepan, heat preserves over medium-low heat until melted, about 1 minute. Or, place preserves in a microwave-safe small bowl and heat at HIGH for 30 seconds.Spread 1 tablespoon warm preserves evenly over peaches on each tart. Top with raspberries and serve immediately.
Makes 8 individual dessert tarts.