This deliciously easy peach and pear pastry tart, with a lemony layer of sweetened cream cheese, is a snap to put together.
1 (16-ounce) can pear halves in syrup
1 (16-ounce) can peaches in syrup
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/3 cup almond, sliced (optional)
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 (9-inch) baked pastry pie shell
- Drain pear halves and peaches putting the syrup into a saucepan.
- Bring the syrup to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes; cool.
- In a bowl cream together the juice, softened cream cheese, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Beat with an electric mixer at low speed until light and fluffy.
- If using, sprinkle part of 1/3 cup sliced almonds on the bottom of 9-inch baked pie shell, reserving some for the top. Carefully spoon the cream cheese mixture on top of the almonds. Cover with the fruit. Warm the orange marmalade slightly and brush on top.
- Sprinkle the reserved almonds on top and chill until served.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.