A simple and refreshing peach and pear tart with a lemon-scented yogurt and cream cheese filling.
1 (16-ounce) can pear halves in syrup
1 (16-ounce) can sliced peaches in syrup
1 (.25-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (9-inch) baked pastry pie shell
- Drain pear halves and sliced peaches, reserving the liquid.
- Sprinkle gelatin over reserved liquid, stirring until translucent. Cook over low heat in small saucepan until completely dissolved.
- In medium bowl, beat together softened cream cheese, grated lemon peel, vanilla yogurt, and vanilla extract until smooth. Blend in gelatin mixture.
- Pour the filling into the 9-inch prebaked and cooled pie shell. Chill until firm.
- Just before serving, arrange well-drained fruit over top of chilled tart.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.