Peachy Rice Pudding
This peachy keen rice pudding is entirely dairy-free.
1 (16-ounce) can sliced peaches in juice or syrup
3 cups cooked rice
1/2 cup jam, jelly or preserves (any flavor)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Ground cinnamon to taste (optional)
Non-dairy whipped topping for accompaniment (optional)
- Drain peaches; reserve 6 tablespoons juice.
- Combine reserved juice, rice, jam and lemon juice.
- Spoon into six greased 1-cup baking dishes; top with peach slices. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Cover.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped topping, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.