Pear Cider Reduction with Aged Cheddar Cheese
Start or end your meal with this elegant pear dish. Recipe by Chef Sarah Stegner.
2 cups pear cider or sparkling pear juice
1 tablespoon butter
2 ripe pears
8 ounces Wisconsin Aged Cheddar cheese*, at room temperature
Crusty French bread, sliced
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, simmer the cider until it reduces to a syrup consistency, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Cut each pear into 6 wedges. Remove cores. Place 3 wedges on each of four small plates.
- Break (do not cut) cheese into 2-ounce portions and place over the pear wedges.
- Spoon warm pear syrup over the cheese.
- Serve with warm crusty French bread.
Makes 4 servings.
*Aged 2 years or older is preferred
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.