Piña Colada Pizza
This dessert pizza offers some tropical pizzazz with pineapple, macadamia nuts, coconut and grated chocolate over a smooth mascarpone and cream cheese 'sauce'.
1 pre-baked (12-inch) pizza crust
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
2/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut - divided use
1 large egg
1/3 cup (3 ounces) Wisconsin cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup (3 ounces) Wisconsin mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
1 ounce chocolate, grated or sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place macadamia nuts and half the coconut on a baking pan. Bake until lightly toasted; cool.
- Beat together egg, remaining flaked coconut, cream cheese and mascarpone.
- Spread cheese mixture over crust. Arrange pineapple over top. Sprinkle toasted coconut and toasted macadamia nuts over top.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust and top of pizza are lightly browned. After baking, top with shaved chocolate or chocolate sprinkles.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.