Pineapple Pumpkin Cheesecake
An easy crustless pumpkin and spice cheesecake with a simple pineapple glaze.
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar - divided use
12 ounces light cream cheese, softened
1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (15.5-ounce) can sliced pineapples in heavy syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place a pan of hot water on lower rack of oven.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- In food processor, combine remaining sugar with cream cheese. Process 20 seconds. Add pumpkin, eggs, flour, spice and vanilla. Process 10 seconds, scraping sides once.
- Pour filling into 8-inch springform pan coated with vegetable cooking spray. Bake in center of oven 50 minutes without opening door. Turn off oven. Let cake stand in oven 1 hour.
- Immediately remove cheesecake; run knife around sides of pan. Cool; refrigerate 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple; reserving syrup. To make pineapple glaze, dice 1 pineapple slice. Cook reserved syrup, remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar and diced pineapple over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until thick; do not stir. Set aside.
- Just before serving, arrange remaining pineapple slices on cake. Top with glaze.
Makes 8 servings.
*Substitute 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice for pumpkin pie spice.
Recipe provided courtesy of Canned Food Alliance.