Delicious on its own or top with whipped cream or frozen vanilla yogurt.
3/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
10 fresh plums, sliced and seeded (about 4 cups)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup white sugar, plums, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Place the fruit mixture in a 2-quart casserole.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Cut the butter in with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the milk and egg until just moistened. Drop batter on fruit, or if desired, spread batter in stripes.
- Bake in a 350°F (175°C) oven for 35 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 354; Calories From Fat: 24; Total Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 37mg; Total Carbs: 65g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 43g; Protein: 4g; Sodium: 272mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement.