"This is one my daughter got a few years ago, I've made a few changes to the original recipe, but we think it's better." Recipe submitted by Belinda.
3/4 cup self-rising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin
3 large eggs, beaten
1 to 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1/4 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Cake: Mix all ingredients together and pour onto a greased 11 x 17-inch baking sheet, spreading evenly over entire pan. Sprinkle the walnuts over batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 15 minutes.
- Turn cake out on towel (or wax paper). If cake doesn't came out when pan is inverted, loosen one end slowly with a spatula. Cake should be spongy and will not tear easily.
- Cover with another towel (or another sheet of wax paper) and flip so that the walnuts are on top. Roll up cake in bottom towel (or in sheets of wax paper). Let cool completely.
- Unroll, spread with filling and re-roll. Store in refrigerator.
- For Filling: Mix all ingredients together and follow directions above.
Makes 6 servings.