Pumpkin Caramel Flan
Pumpkin flavors this luscious dessert, while a caramelized sugar sauce acts as the perfect foil. A great make ahead dessert for a special occasion.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Regular or Fat Free Milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place 8-inch square baking dish into a 13x9x2-inch baking dish; fill outer dish with hot water to 3/4-inch depth.
- Heat sugar in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted and golden brown; pour into square dish. Remove square dish from pan of water; working quickly, swirl melted sugar around bottom and sides of dish to coat. Return dish to water.
- Combine eggs, egg whites, pumpkin, honey, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl; Add evaporated milk; mix well. Pour into prepared square baking dish.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove square baking dish from water. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- To Serve run a small spatula around edge of dish. Invert serving plate over baking dish. Turn over; shake gently to release. Caramelized sugar forms sauce. Cut in quarters diagonally; cut each quarter in half to form triangles. Spoon sauce over each serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.