Soar to new heights with this heavenly recipe for pumpkin cheesecake. This rich and creamy dessert features a unique pumpkin and cream cheese combination that takes this special treat to a whole new level. With its smooth texture and irresistible graham cracker crust, this dessert is sure to become a holiday favorite.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 (15-ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
2/3 cup (5 ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (16-ounce) container sour cream, at room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and granulated sugar in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and 1-inch up side of 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- For Cheesecake: Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs, pumpkin and evaporated milk. Add cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; beat well. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly.
- For Topping: Combine sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well. Spread over surface of warm cheesecake. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan.
Makes 16 servings
*Crust Variation: Replace the graham cracker crust with a shortbread cookie crust: Combine 1 3/4 cups (about 14 to 16) crushed shortbread cookies with 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine in small bowl. Press onto bottom and 1-inch up side of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Proceed with recipe as directed beginning with Step 3.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 403 Calories from Fat: 241 Total Fat: 26.7 g Saturated Fat: 16.2 g Cholesterol: 99 mg Sodium: 248 mg Carbohydrates: 35.8 g Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g Sugars: 25.5 g Protein: 6.6 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.