Raspberry Rice Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
Creamy rice pudding served with vanilla sauce and garnished with fresh raspberries.
1 cup cooked rice
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup whipping cream, whipped
1 cup fresh raspberries for garnish
3 large egg yolks
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, scalded
1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup whipping cream, whipped
- For Pudding: Combine rice, sugar and milk in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy (about 12 to 15 minutes), stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Serve in dessert glasses. Top with Vanilla Sauce; garnish with raspberries.
- For Vanilla Sauce: Beat egg yolks with sugar in large bowl until light; slowly whisk in milk.
- Transfer mixture to top of double boiler and cook over hot water (over medium heat), stirring frequently, until thick, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in liqueur and vanilla. Cool.
- Fold in whipped cream. Chill until ready to serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of USA Rice Federation.