Rice and Cherries Jubilee
Dessert wedges of elegant jelled rice cream are served with a port wine and cherry sauce.
3 cups cooked rice
2 1/2 cups milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 (1.25-ounce) envelope prepared whipped topping mix
1/4 cup Port wine or fruit juice
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Combine rice, milk, sugar and butter. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Soften gelatin in water; stir into rice mixture. Add extract; mix well. Cool.
- Fold in whipped topping. Turn into 5 cup mold. Chill until set.
- To serve, unmold onto serving dish. Cut mold into wedges and serve with cherry sauce.
- To make sauce, combine wine and pie filling.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.