Rice Dessert Fabuleux
A fabulous vanilla rice dessert mold served with a brandied apricot sauce. A gluten-free dessert.
3/4 cup apricot preserves
3 tablespoons brandy
3 cups cooked rice
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups milk - divided use
4 large eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 envelopes (1 tablespoon each) unflavored gelatin
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Blend preserves and brandy; set aside.
- Combine rice, sugar, butter, salt and 2 1/2 cups milk in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 25 minutes, or until thick and creamy, stirring frequently.
- Blend eggs, vanilla and remaining 1/2 cup milk; stir into rice mixture. Cook 4 minutes longer.
- Soften gelatin in 1/3 cup cold water. Stir into hot pudding until dissolved. Add apricot and brandy mixture; cool.
- Fold cream into pudding. Pour into 10-inch fluted tube pan; chill until firm.
- Unmold onto serving plate. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired. Slice to serve.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.