Snickers® Bar Cheesecake
A scrumptious vanilla cheesecake loaded with chunks of Snickers® candy bars in a chocolate crumb crust, served with fudge topping and whipped cream. Now that's rich!
1 (9-ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies, finely ground
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
1 (1 1/2-pound) snack-size Snickers® Bars, each cut into sixths
Purchased fudge topping for accompaniment
Sweetened whipped cream for accompaniment
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- For Crust: Combine cookie crumbs and butter until well blended. Press into bottom and about 1-inch up the sides of a 9 1/2 to 10-inch springform pan.
- For Filling: In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and heavy cream, beating 3 to 4 minutes. Fold in 1 1/2 cups cut-up Snickers® pieces. Turn into prepared crumb-lined pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 to 25 minutes, or until cheesecake is almost set. Let cool to room temperature on wire rack.
- Sprinkle remaining candy pieces over top of cheesecake. Refrigerate at least 4 to 5 hours before serving. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen cake and remove sides of pan.
- To serve, drizzle slices with fudge topping and top with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Snickers® is the registered trademark of Mars, Incorporated.