Strawberry-Cream Cheese Dessert
This deliciously easy dessert has a pecan-graham crust layered with fresh strawberries in strawberry gelatin and a fluffy cream cheese topping.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 (3.5-ounce) package strawberry gelatin
2 cups sliced strawberries
For Cream Cheese Topping:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 (8-ounce) container frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, pecans and sugar. Press the mixture into an 8-inch square pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool.
- For Strawberry Filling: Prepare strawberry gelatin according to the package directions; refrigerate until thickened. Stir strawberries into the gelatin. Spoon the gelatin mixture over the crust and refrigerate until firm.
- For Cream Cheese Topping: In a bowl, combine softened cream cheese and powdered sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add whipped topping to cream cheese mixture and beat until fluffy.
- Spread topping mixture over strawberry filling; refrigerate 3 hours. Cut into squares to serve.
Makes 8 servings.