Strawberry Bavarian Rice Mold
A healthier, low-fat dessert choice, creamy brown rice bavarian mold served with strawberry sauce.
1 (16-ounce) bag frozen strawberries, thawed - divided use
1/2 cup granulated sugar - divided use
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1 1/2 cups skim milk
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 cups frozen light whipped topping, thawed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Vegetable cooking spray
- Measure 1 cup strawberries; mash and set aside.
- To make strawberry sauce, place remaining strawberries in blender container and purée. Transfer purée to 2-quart saucepan; add 1/4 cup sugar. Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into saucepan. Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle gelatin over milk in small saucepan; let stand 1 minute or until gelatin is softened. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until well blended. Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and stir until dissolved. Add rice; stir until well blended. Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg whites. Fold in whipped topping, vanilla and reserved mashed strawberries.
- Spoon into 6 cup mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill until firm.
- To serve, unmold onto serving platter and serve with strawberry sauce.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.