White chocolate-covered crispy chow mein noodles form the base of this easy dessert, topped with clouds of fluffy whipped cream mixed with sliced strawberries.
1/2 cup crispy chow mein noodles, slightly crushed
1 cup white chocolate chips*
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups stemmed and sliced California strawberries, lightly sweetened if desired
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Melt chocolate carefully according to package directions. Add chow mein noodles and stir until well coated.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each paper baking cup, pressing down slightly with back of spoon . Refrigerate 1 hour to set.
- In mixer bowl, combine cream, sugar and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- When ready to serve, spoon an equal amount of cream mixture into each cup. Top with strawberries; serve immediately.
Makes 12 servings.
*Milk or semisweet chocolate may be used.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of California Strawberry Commission. California Strawberry Commission. All rights reserved. Used with permission.