Strawberry Dessert Pizza
Let the kids join in and help make this fun and yummy dessert!
1 (12-inch) Italian bread shell, such as Boboli
12 ounces Neufchatel cheese
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
1/4 cup blueberries
1 pint basket California strawberries, stemmed and sliced
1/4 cup raspberries
- Bake bread shell on ungreased baking sheet 5 to 7 minutes until crisp, cool.
- Meanwhile, in bowl beat cheese, honey, orange juice and peel.
- Spread bread shell with cheese mixture to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Sprinkle blueberries on cheese mixture around edge of pizza, arrange strawberries inside circle of blueberries in star burst pattern. Mound raspberries in center.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Makes 6 servings.
- Almondine: Substitute milk for the orange juice, omit the orange peel and mix 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon almond extract into cheese mixture. Sprinkle the dessert with toasted sliced almonds.
- Zesty Lemon: Substitute milk for the orange juice, substitute freshly grated lemon peel for the orange peel and mix 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg into the cheese mixture.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of pizza): 360 calories; 12 g fat; 20 mg cholesterol; 680 mg sodium; 51 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 13 g protein.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of California Strawberry Commission. ©2009 California Strawberry Commission. All rights reserved. Used with permission.