Sugar Cookie Fruit Tart
Refrigerated cookie dough makes short work of this pretty fruit tart. A great dessert that is elegant looking and easy to make.
1 (18-ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Sugar Cookie Bar Dough
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups fruit (berries, sliced kiwi, peaches or strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease bottom and side of 9-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom.*
- Press cookie dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 22 to 27 minutes or until lightly golden and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled cookie crust to within 1/2-inch of edge.
- Arrange fruit as desired on top of cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove rim of pan; slice into wedges.
Makes 10 servings.
*If tart pan is not available, press cookie dough into greased baking sheet to measure 8-inch circle. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes until lightly golden.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.