Summer Berry Brownie Torte
Dress up these rich and gooey brownies with a whipped cream filling, plenty of juicy berries and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
1 cup granulated sugar - divided use
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon water
1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups sliced strawberries or other fresh berries
- For Brownie: Preheat oven to 350° F (175°C). Line 9-inch-round cake pan with wax paper; grease paper.
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar, butter and water in small, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Add 3/4 cup morsels; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Add flour, baking soda and salt; stir until well blended. Stir in remaining morsels. Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Invert onto wire rack; remove wax paper. Turn right side up; cool completely.
- For Filling: Beat cream and remaining sugar in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Spread filling over brownie; top with berries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 460 Calories from Fat: 220 Total Fat: 25 g Saturated Fat: 15 g Cholesterol: 95 mg Sodium: 200 mg Carbohydrates: 57 g Dietary Fiber: 3 g Sugars: 43 g Protein: 5 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.