Summertime Cool Cups
Kids and adults will love this cooling summertime treat!
1 each fresh peach, plum and nectarine, pits removed and cut into chunks
3 cups 100% juice (apple, grape, cranberry, orange or a combination)
8 small plastic cups
6 ice cream sticks
- In a blender or food processor, mix fruit with juice.
- Add a stick to each cup and freeze until set.
- For a layered effect: blend peaches with one type of juice; nectarines with a different type of juice; and plums with another juice.
- Refrigerate juice purées in separate, airtight containers until ready to use.
- Pour peach mixture into plastic cups filling 1/3 full and insert stick.
- Freeze until firm to the touch.
- Pour nectarine mixture on top filling the cup another 1/3 full and freeze until firm to the touch.
- Pour plum mixture on top, filling the plastic cup.
- Freeze until set.
- Remove from cups just before serving by running warm water over the outside of the cup and lifting out by the stick.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 50; Total Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 12g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 1g; Sodium: 2mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement.