Sweet Shortbread with Fresh Strawberries
Tender-crisp, buttery shortbread makes a wonderful dessert served with fresh strawberries, ice cream and chocolate sauce!
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
16 ounces fresh strawberries, washed, stemmed and sliced
- Preheat oven to 275°F (80°C).
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in almond extract. Gradually add flour in 3 stages until well combined.
- Spread dough in a 13x9x2-inch pan or large tart pan.
- Bake until pale golden in color, about 1 hour.
- Serve warm with fresh strawberries, ice cream and chocolate sauce, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.