Tiramisu Cheesecake with Mascarpone Cheese
A splendid, delizioso cheesecake made with ricotta and mascarpone cheeses in a biscotti crumb crust with all the flavors of the classic Italian dessert, Tiramisu.
1 1/2 cups biscotti cookie crumbs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon instant espresso granules
3 cups (12 ounces) Wisconsin Ricotta cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin Mascarpone cheese
1 tablespoon instant espresso granules
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon brandy, optional
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups mini-chocolate chips
Cocoa powder for dusting
Chocolate-covered coffee beans for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: Combine crumbs, butter and espresso granules; mix well. Press into and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- For Filling: Beat together ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese, espresso granules, sugar and flour.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, brandy and vanilla. Add to cheese mixture and blend thoroughly. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared crust and bake at for 1 hour and 15 minutes (top will be slightly loose). Turn off oven and let cake cool in oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides from springform pan and sprinkle cake with cocoa powder, if desired.
- Garnish with coffee beans before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.