Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
If ever there was a cheesecake to impress a chocoholic, this is it. This masterpiece of a cheesecake has a chocolate crumb crust, with a luscious creamy chocolate filling and a perfectly matched chocolate ganache for its crown.
1 1/2 cups (18 cookies) crushed sandwich cookies
2 tablespoons butter, melted
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
3 ounces semisweet chocolate
1/3 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: Place crushed cookie crumbs in a bowl. Stir the melted butter into the crumbs with a fork until well blended. Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- For Filling: Combine cream cheese and flour, mixing at medium speed until well blended. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk, mixing well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in vanilla.
- Divide batter in half (half is about 3 1/2 cups). Blend melted chocolate into one half. Pour over crust. Pour other half of batter over chocolate layer.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Place on rack. Run knife around rim to loosen sides of cake. Cool before removing pan rim.
- For Glaze: Melt the chocolate and whipping cream over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over cheesecake. Chill until serving time.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.