Tuxedo Brownie Torte
This brownie torte is all dressed up and ready to party!
1 (approximately 22-ounce) package fudge brownie mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 (10-ounce) package frozen raspberries
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup fresh red raspberries
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons white creme de cacao
1 cup vanilla flavored chips, melted
1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
1 tablespoon chocolate candy bar, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Prepare pan as directed on brownie mix package.
- In a bowl, combine fudge brownie mix, water, oil, and egg. Blend well then spread in the prepared pan. Bake for 38 to 45 minutes, or until the center is set. Cool.
- Meanwhile, process frozen raspberries in a food processor until puréed. Strain to remove the seeds.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually add the raspberry purée and mix well. Bring to a boil and cook until the mixture is clear, stirring constantly.
- Cool for 5 minutes then spread over the brownie mixture to within 1/2-inch of the edge. Garnish with fresh red raspberries then refrigerate.
- In a medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and white creme de cacao; beat until smooth. Stir in melted vanilla chips and beat until smooth. Fold in cream whipped until stiff. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes. Pipe or spread over the raspberries. Sprinkle with grated chocolate candy bar.
Makes 8 servings.