Try this elegant dessert with its silky texture, deep vanilla flavor and an amber-colored caramel sauce—you won't be disappointed.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 (14-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Heat sugar in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until dissolved and caramel colored. Quickly pour onto bottom of deep-dish 9-inch pie plate; swirl around bottom and sides to coat.
- Combine evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk, eggs and vanilla extract in medium bowl. Pour into prepared pie plate. Place pie plate in large roasting pan; fill roasting pan with warm water to about 1-inch depth.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove flan from water. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- To Serve: Run small spatula around edge of pie plate. Invert serving plate over pie plate. Turn over; shake gently to release. Caramelized sugar forms sauce.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.