Vanilla Fruit Tart
This tart has a shortbread crust topped with a vanilla chip-cream cheese layer, a pineapple glaze layer and an assortment of fresh fruit.
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 2/3 cups vanilla flavored chips
1/4 cup light cream
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
3 cups assorted fruit, sliced
- In a medium mixing bowl beat softened butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy; then blend in flour. Press into the bottom and sides of a 12-inch round pizza pan. Bake in a preheated oven att 425°F (220°C) for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Meanwhile, melt together vanilla chips and cream in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and beat in cream cheese. Spread mixture over the cooled crust; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; mixing until smooth. Stir in pineapple juice and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly. Cool.
- Slice the assorted fruit.
- Spread the cooled filling on the crust and arrange the fruit on top.
Makes 12 servings.