Adrian Leon's Chili Piquin Nuts
These sweet and spicy nuts are seasoned with allspice, cinnamon and chili piquin.
1 pinch ground allspice
1 pinch cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 teaspoon chili piquin or ground cayenne
1/2 cup mixed nuts
1 egg white
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix all the dry spices and Splenda® Granulated Sweetener in a bowl.
- Whip the egg white in a separate mixer bowl on medium high until soft peaked, then stir in the mixed nuts and other dry ingredients.
- Spread the nuts over a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven cool and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Note: This recipe is featured in Adrian Leon's Mixed Green Salad with Pomegranate.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 110; Calories from Fat: 80; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 230mg; Total Carbs: 5g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 1g; Protein: 4g.
Exchanges per Serving: 1/2 Lean Meat, 1 1/2 Fats, 1/3 Starch.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.