Adrian Leon's Chocolate Coffee Soufflé Cake
Ideal for dinner parties, this decadent dessert looks very pretty served in individual ramekins topped with cocoa powder and whipped cream.
9 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
2 large eggs
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
2 tablespoons ground coffee or instant espresso
- Preheat oven to 450°F (175°C).
- Butter four (4-ounce) coffee cups or ramekins with 1 tablespoon of butter. Put them on a baking sheet.
- Put chocolate and the remaining butter into the top of a double boiler, over medium low heat until soft and almost melted.
- Beat eggs, egg yolks and Splenda® Granulated Sweetener together in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Whisk chocolate and butter together then slowly add to egg mixture, stirring until just combined. Whisk in the flour and coffee.
- Divide batter between prepared molds and bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve cakes immediately, dusting tops with cocoa.
Makes 4 servings.
Optional: Garnish with whipped cream. Mix 1 cup of cream and 2 tablespoons of Splenda®; Granulated Sweetener chilled then whipped until soft.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 470 | Calories from Fat 370 | Fat 41g (sat 24g) | Cholesterol 285mg | Sodium 40mg | Carbohydrates 21g | Fiber 3g | Sugars 16g | Protein 7g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.