Adrian Leon's Passion-Apricot Gelatin
with Sorbet de Frutas Rojas
Ideal for dinner parties, this decadent dessert looks very pretty served in individual ramekins topped with cocoa powder and whipped cream.
1 cup water
2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup passion fruit juice
1/2 cup apricot juice
1 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons squeezed lemon juice
2/3 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/2 cup raspberries
1 cup strawberries
2 prickly pears
- Gelatin: Sprinkle the gelatin over 1/4 cups of water in a medium bowl and let stand one minute to soften.
- Boil 3/4 cup water, passion fruit and apricot juice bring it to in a saucepan. Turn it off and mix into the bowl with gelatin and add the lemon juice and Splenda® Granulated Sweetener until dissolved.
- Pour cooled mixture in martini glasses and refrigerate until firm and serve with sorbet de frutas rojas.
- Sorbet the Frutas Rojas: Heat water and lemon juice to boiling and add Splenda® Granulated Sweetener. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Mix all the berries and peeled prickly pears with the cooled liquid in a blender or food processor. Pour the liquid into a glass or stainless steel baking pan and place in the freezer.
- Stir the liquid every 20 minutes until it has a grainy frozen texture.
Makes 4 servings; serving size: 2/3 cup gelatin, 1 cup sorbet.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 120 | Calories from Fat 5 | Fat 0.5g (sat 0g) | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 10mg | Carbohydrates 29g | Fiber 4g | Sugars 20g | Protein 2g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.