A uniquely satisfying and indulgent guilt-free dessert.
5 large egg whites
1/3 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly oil a 13x11 inch-baking sheet. Set aside.
- Make Angel Bites: Place egg whites in a medium mixing bowl. Whip on high speed using an electric beater or wire whisk until frothy.
- Add Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, vanilla and salt. Mix on high speed until medium-stiff peaks form (approximately 20 to 30 seconds).
- Spoon rounded tablespoons of egg white mixture onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350°F (175°C) oven 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan. Cool.
- Assemble Angel Bites. Just before serving, sandwich Angel Bites with filling of choice. Place filling on the bottom of one Angel Bite and top with another so that the bottoms of the Angel Bites are facing each other and the filling is sandwiched between them. Repeat with remaining Angel Bites.
Makes 5 servings. Serving Size: 6 unassembled angel bites.
Note: If egg whites start to separate, whisk them back together using a wire whisk.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 25 | Calories from Fat 0 | Fat 0g (sat 0g) | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 130mg | Carbohydrates 2g | Fiber 0g | Sugars 2g | Protein 4g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.