Apple Cranberry Pie
Here’s a delicious update to an old-fashioned favorite; the addition of cranberries makes it even more special.
1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
1/2 cup Splenda® Granular
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 large Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Unfold 1 pie crust; press out fold lines. Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions.
- Combine Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, flour, and cinnamon in a large bowl; add apples and cranberries, tossing gently. Spoon mixture into pie crust
- Unfold remaining pie crust; press out fold lines. Roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Place over filling; fold edges under and crimp. Cut slits in top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden. Cover edges with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning, if necessary. Cool on a wire rack one hour before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 300 | Calories from Fat 130 | Fat 14g (sat 6g) | Cholesterol 10mg | Sodium 200mg | Carbohydrates 43g | Fiber 3g | Sugars 14g | Protein 3g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.