Applesauce Snacking Cake
Delicious for breakfast, or top it with whipped cream and have it as a wonderful dessert.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 cup reduced-calorie margarine
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 cup egg substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray an 8x8 inch metal cake pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat margarine and molasses with an electric mixer on high speed for approximately 1 minute.
- Add egg substitute and vanilla and blend on high speed for 30 seconds. Mixture will be liquid.
- Add Splenda® Granulated Sweetener and beat on medium speed until very smooth, approximately 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add flour mixture and applesauce and beat on low speed until mixed, approximately 45 seconds.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 170 | Calories from Fat 60 | Fat 7g (sat 1.0g) | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 260mg | Carbohydrates 24g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 10g | Protein 4g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.