Baby Spinach 'n Bacon Salad
Baby spinach leaves are wilted in a warm bacon vinaigrette dressing. Perfect for any time of year.
1 (7-ounce) bag baby spinach greens*
1/2 cup fat free salad croutons
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
5 slices turkey bacon
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
- Place spinach greens in a large mixing bowl. Remove any undesirable leaves or large stems. Add croutons. Set aside.
- Make dressing. Blend together vinegar, water, mustard and Splenda® Granulated Sweetener in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Finely slice bacon into small strips. Place in a medium saucepan and fry over medium-high heat until crispy (approximately 3 to 4 minutes).
- Add onion and garlic and cook over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar mixture and simmer 1 to 2 minutes. Pour over spinach and croutons. Toss well. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 (1 cup) servings.
Tip: Regular fresh spinach may be used in place of baby spinach but will result in a less delicate salad.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 80; Calories from Fat: 35; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 10mg; Sodium: 620mg; Total Carbs: 8g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 1g; Protein: 5g.
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Fat, 2 Vegetables, 1 Starch.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.