Berry-Berry-Cherry Lattice Topped Pie
Making pie is easy when you start with a box of refrigerated pie crusts. Serve warm with a scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt and you will receive rave reviews on this pie.
1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
1 (14.5-ounce) can pitted tart red cherries, undrained
1 (12-ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
1 cup fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries, thawed
1 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Unroll and fit one pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
- Drain cherries, raspberries, and blueberries (if frozen), reserving 1 cup of the juice. Set berries and juice aside.
- Combine Splenda® Granulated Sweetener and cornstarch in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in reserved juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Boil 1 minute. Stir in butter and reserved fruit. Cool slightly and spoon mixture into pie shell.
- Unroll remaining pie crust; roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut six 1 1/2-inch wide strips. Arrange strips in a lattice design over filling. Trim strips even with edges of bottom crust; fold edges under and crimp.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until crust is browned. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with vanilla yogurt, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 350 | Calories from Fat 150 | Fat 17g (sat 8g) | Cholesterol 20mg | Sodium 230mg | Carbohydrates 47g | Fiber 3g | Sugars 15g | Protein 3g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.