Blueberry Almond Coffee Cake
Friends and family will love waking up to this special breakfast treat.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 egg white
3 tablespoons Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add 1 cup Splenda® Granulated Sweetener and flavorings; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add whole eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in berries. Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
- Beat egg white with a fork; add 3 tablespoons Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, stirring until blended. Stir in almonds. Spoon mixture over batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 230; Calories from Fat: 120; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 55mg; Sodium: 210mg; Total Carbs: 21g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 1g; Protein: 6g.
Exchanges Per Serving: 1 1/2 Starches, 3 Fats.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.