Boston-Style Baked Beans
A delicious formula for rich and flavorful, diabetic-friendly Boston baked beans.
4 (15-ounce) cans navy beans, undrained
1/2 pound bacon, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup yellow mustard
1/3 cup Splenda® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
2 tablespoons robust molasses
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Drain navy beans and reserve 1 1/4 cups liquid.
- Fry bacon in a large skillet until browned. Remove bacon and reserve half of the bacon fat.
- Fry onion in reserved bacon fat and cook until translucent. Stir in beans and remaining ingredients.
- Pour beans into a 3-quart baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Makes 18 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/18 of recipe): Calories: 140 Calories from Fat: 25 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 520mg Total Carbs: 21g Dietary Fiber: 5g Sugars: 3g Protein: 9g.
Exchanges per Serving: 2 Fats, 1 Starch.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.