An elegant no-cook way to feed breakfast to a hungry crowd. Make it the night before and sit down and enjoy breakfast with the group.
1 (32-ounce) container non-fat plain yogurt
1/2 cup Splenda® Granular
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
9 slices Italian style or other white bread, crusts removed
1 (16-ounce) package frozen dark pitted sweet cherries, thawed and drained
1 (12-ounce) package frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
1 (15-ounce) can, no sugar added cling peaches, drained
1 banana, thinly sliced.
2 tablespoons Splenda® Granular
- Blend 1/2 cup of Splenda® Granular, plain yogurt, and vanilla extract together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Cut bread into rectangles.
- Gently mix together raspberries and 2 tablespoons Splenda® Granular.
- Do not drain raspberries.
- To Assemble: Pour 1/2 cup of yogurt mixture in the bottom of the glass bowl.
- Place 1/3 of the sliced bread on top of the yogurt mixture.
- Top bread with 1/3 of the peaches, 1/3 of the cherries and 1/3 of the raspberries. Drizzle about 1/3 of the raspberry juice onto the bread.
- Place 1/3 of the thinly sliced banana on top of the raspberries.
- Pour 1/3 of the yogurt mixture over the bread and fruit.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 two more times, ending by pouring the remaining yogurt over the fruit.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, allowing the bread to fully absorb the fruit juices.
Makes approximately 10 (8-ounce) servings.
- Top with fresh fruit as a garnish before serving. Sliced Kiwi and strawberries make an excellent garnish.
- This can also be prepared in individual portions following the same layering technique. Use wine glasses instead of a large glass bowl.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe): Total Calories 180, Calories From Fat 5, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 160 mg, Total Carbohydrate 35 g, Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 23 g, Protein 7 g, Total Fat 0.5 g.
Exchanges Per Serving: 1 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.