Butternut Squash Muffins
Here’s a fantastic way to use up some of the squash harvest, these spiced muffins are bursting with flavor.
1 1/2 cups peeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash
1 1/2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup milk
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a medium saucepan with enough water to cover, boil squash 20 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, drain, and purée in a food processor.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix together milk, egg, and butter. Stir in squash. Fold the squash mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling cups about 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from muffin pan and cool on a wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 muffin): Calories 110 | Calories from Fat 30 | Fat 3.5g (sat 1.5g) | Cholesterol 40mg | Sodium 180mg | Carbohydrates 18g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 2g | Protein 3g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.