Carrot Apple Muffins
Chock-full of fruit and nuts, these muffins are sweet and satisfying.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1 (4 ounce) jar baby food carrots
1/3 cup 1% low-fat milk
1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
2 large eggs
1 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup finely chopped apple
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place paper baking cups in muffin pans and coat with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger; set aside
- Combine baby food carrots, milk and pineapple juice in small bowl; set aside.
- Beat eggs and Splenda® Granulated Sweetener at high speed with an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Reduce speed to medium; add oil and vanilla; beating until blended, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed, just until blended after each addition. Gently stir in carrots, apples, coconut and walnuts. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pans; filling 3/4 full.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire rack.
Makes 10 muffins.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 muffin): Calories 230 | Calories from Fat 130 | Fat 14g (sat 2.5g) | Cholesterol 45mg | Sodium 190mg | Carbohydrates 23g | Fiber 2g | Sugars 6g | Protein 5g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.