Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Chicken and mushrooms in wine sauce served
over tender herbed biscuits.
Chicken Madeira on
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 1/2 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup low-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons Madeira or dry sherry
Recipe Herbed Biscuits (recipe follows)
- Green onions, thinly sliced for garnish
- In a large skillet cook chicken in oil
over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
Remove chicken; set aside.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and onion to skillet.
Cook, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- In a bowl stir together sour cream, flour,
1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add sour cream mixture, milk, and broth
to skillet. Cook and stir until bubbly. Cook 1 minute more.
- Add chicken and Madeira or sherry; heat
through. Serve over Herbed Biscuits. Sprinkle with additional
sliced green onions if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 3/4 cup biscuit mix
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- In a mixing bowl stir together biscut
mix, green onions and basil. Add milk; stir just until dough
- On a floured surface knead dough 10 to
12 strokes. Roll out to a 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch
biscuit cutter, cut dough into 12 biscuits. Reroll the trimmings
- Bake biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet
in a 425°F (220°C) oven for about 12 minutes.
Makes 12 biscuits.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: calories
- 406, fat - 14 g., cholesterol - 78 mg., protein - 35 g., carbohydrate
- 34 g., sodium - 797 mg.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.