Tasty chicken stir-fry with broccoli, cauliflower,
mushrooms, green onions and peanuts.
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 cup broccoli flowerettes
1 cup caulifowerets
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in
2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- Trim any fat from chicken and thinly slice
diagonally into 1-inch strips.
- In a large non-stick skillet or wok, heat
oil and stir-fry chicken 3 or 4 minutes or until cooked through
and lightly browned. Remove; set aside and keep warm.
- Add garlic and stir-fry for 15 seconds;
add broccoli and cauliflower, stir-fry 2 minutes. Add mushrooms,
green onions, soy sauce, sherry and ginger; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add dissolved arrowroot, sesame oil, peanuts
and the chicken. Cook until heated through and sauce has thickened.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories
256, fat 10 g, cholesterol 72 mg, Protein 30 g, carbohydrate
9 g, sodium 30 mg.
Food Exchanges: 3 1/2 Low-Fat Meat, 2 Vegetables.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.