Chocolate Chip Meringue Crisps
This cookie requires so little attention that it is sometimes called the forgotten cookie.
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 large egg whites
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Bake walnuts in a shallow pan, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites and vanilla at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy.
- Add Splenda® Sugar Blend, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form; stir in walnuts and chocolate morsels.
- Spoon rounded teaspoons of mixture on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 15 minutes. Drop oven temperature to 200°F (95°C). Bake for one hour and 45 minutes. Cool slightly on cookie sheet. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight tin.
Makes 36 Meringue crisps.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 crisp): Calories 35 | Calories from Fat 15 | Fat 2.0g (sat 0.5g) | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 5mg | Carbohydrates 4g | Fiber 0g | Sugars 4g | Protein 1g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.