Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
These deliciously moist, chocolate chip-studded bars are delicately flavored with pumpkin pie spice.
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
1/2 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend - divided use
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
3/4 cup light margarine
1 (8-ounce) container fat-free cream cheese
3 large eggs
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C). Line a 13X9 pan with foil and spray with a non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine flour, Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend, half of the Splenda® Sugar Blend, oats and walnuts. Cut in the margarine with a fork until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press all but one cup of the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Beat cream cheese, eggs, the remaining half of the Splenda® Sugar Blend, the pumpkin and the pumpkin pie spice until it is well blended.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the pre-baked crust and sprinkle with the 1 cup of remaining crust and the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set. Lift from pan to cool. Cut into 24 bars.
Makes 24 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 bar): Calories 150 | Calories from Fat 45 | Fat 5.0g (sat 2.0g) | Cholesterol 25mg | Sodium 150mg | Carbohydrates 21g | Fiber 2g | Sugars 12g | Protein 4g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.