Chocolate Cream Pie
Deliciously rich chocolate cream pie without all the added sugar—so you can treat yourself to a few chocolate sprinkles on top!
2/3 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups 2% reduced fat milk
1/2 cup egg substitute
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 (6-ounce) reduced-fat prepared graham cracker crust
1 (8-ounce) container reduced-fat frozen whipped topping, thawed
Optional Garnish: chocolate shavings or sprinkles
- Combine Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together milk and egg substitute in a medium saucepan. Gradually add Splenda® Granulated Sweetener to mixture, whisking until blended. Add butter and vanilla.
- Cook over medium heat whisking constantly until mixture begins to boil; boil one minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat.
- Pour filling into pie crust. Cover filling with waxed paper; chill 2 hours.
- Spread whipped topping over pie; garnish with chocolate shavings, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 260 | Calories from Fat 100 | Fat 11g (sat 6g) | Cholesterol 10mg | Sodium 210mg | Carbohydrates 32g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 15g | Protein 6g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.