Diabetic-friendly, lusciously indulgent low-fat, low-sugar—guilt-free chocolate mousse.
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 cup low fat milk
1/4 cup egg substitute
1/2 cup Splenda® Granular
1 teaspoon corn starch
2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur (or flavor)
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 cups sliced strawberries
- Place chocolate and milk in a medium size saucepan. Heat over medium heat until chocolate melts.
- Stir together egg substitute, Splenda®, corn starch and Grand Marnier in a small mixing bowl. Add to chocolate mixture. Stir constantly. Heat over medium heat while stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken (approximately 3 to 4 minutes). Remove from heat, pour into the bowl of a blender or food processor. Blend or process briefly (10 to 20 seconds) to make a more creamy texture. Pour into mixing bowl and cover.
- Refrigerate chocolate mixture approximately 2 to 3 hours or until cool.
- Whip cream and fold into chocolate. Refrigerate overnight to set. Will keep refrigerated for 3 days.
- To serve layer strawberries and mousse in 6 all purpose wine glasses.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Total Calories 220, Calories from Fat 140, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Sodium 50 mg, Total Carbohydrate 18 g, Dietary Fiber 4 g, Sugars 10 g, Protein 4 g.
Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 fat.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.