Cinnamon Apple Roll-Ups
Little apple dumplings that are simple to prepare thanks to refrigerated bread stick dough.
1 (11-ounce) package refrigerated bread stick dough
2 medium size Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful*
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- Unroll bread stick dough. Separate at perforations to form 12 strips.
- Place 3 to 4 apple slices at the end of each strip.
- Combine Equal® and cinnamon. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon Equal® mixture over apple slices on each strip of dough.
- Beginning at end with apple slices, roll up jelly roll fashion. Arrange apple bundles, seam side down, in bottom of well-sprayed 1-quart oval casserole dish. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-Equal® mixture.
- Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Makes 12 servings.
*May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): calories 101, protein 2 g, carbohydrate 16 g, fat 3 g, cholesterol 5 mg, sodium 194 mg.
Food Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.